This special board and train experience is for puppies between the ages 16 weeks and 6 months. This a very intensive program where your puppy is immersed in a 24/7 training setting. The training lifestyle includes structure, rules, socialization, and some supervised play.During the 7 days of training at my home, your puppy will develop an excellent training foundation and calmer state of mind. This makes it easier to continue the training once the puppy returns home and creates the foundation for an amazing relationship with your puppy. Many clients that complete the 7 Day Puppy Board & Train, join us again for another 7 day board and train around 6 months of age to achieve low-level e-collar off leash freedom through e-collar training!
This is a great dog training program if your puppy:
- Has a ton of energy and doesn’t know how to be calm
- Needs a little help with potty training
- Hasn’t had the opportunity to be around other dogs
- Chews furniture, eats inappropriate things
- Gets too excited and won’t listen
- Doesn’t walk well on the leash
This is a great program for the owner if you:
- Don’t have a ton of time at home for training
- Aren’t sure how to address some of the issues you are having
- Are frustrated with your puppy and want him to progress faster
- Are going on vacation and would like to come home to a trained puppy
- Would like the training done quickly so you can enjoy your puppy more
In this program, your puppy will learn the following skills:
- Walk politely with you On-Leash
- Place Command
- Crate Training
- Potty Training
- Waiting for Food
- Waiting at Thresholds (Doors, Car, Crate, etc.)
- Appropriate and Polite Play with Other Dogs
- Exposure and Calm Socialization with Cats
We will also focus on any minor behavior issues, such as:
- Jumping, Nipping, Mouthing
- Excessive Barking
- Leash Biting/Chewing
This program includes a 30-minute consultation on our starting day, and a 2 hour follow-up at the end of the program where we will transfer all of the information, techniques, and strategies to you to insure continued success. Each puppy receives a prong/training collar.
We teach puppies their basic obedience using their food. We layer over the basic commands with leash pressure so the puppy understands the language of the leash! This sets up the basis for us to have great communication with the puppy.
Rates: $750 for 1 week, which includes the dog’s prong collar. ** Additional weeks are available for $500 each.
** A day in the life of a board and train puppy **
- 7am – 8am Wake up, go potty, have breakfast
- 8am – 9am Walk (depending on the weather)
- 9am – 12pm Training sessions (Your puppy will have multiple short training sessions throughout the day.)
- 12pm – 1:30pm Lunchtime
- 1:30pm – 5pm Training sessions, play, and socialization
- 5pm – 6pm Dinner
- 6pm – 8pm Movie time (Dogs/puppies practice duration down-stays while we watch a movie.)
- 8pm – 8:30pm Potty time
If you are curious for more details about what a day in the life of a Board and Train dog looks like, make sure to check out my Facebook page! We post many photos, videos, and training tips daily of the dogs that are in training!